Wednesday, April 2, 2008

New Books for April

I have added a few books to my Library at the right of this post. The Professor and the Madman and Misquoting Jesus are both books that I started to read and for some reason or other put on the backburner. They are both nonfiction but also are not very long. I hope to be able to finish them this month.

I also placed The Book Thief, a piece of young adult fiction that was recommended to me by MB, a fellow blogger. I have not given up on The White Castle just yet but I have found it incredibly dull. That could be because it's a translation but I think it is just not that interesting (and I'm half finished). I'll give it another go and try to get in 1/2 an hour of reading per day--very doable!

2 comments:

MB said...

At least 5 other people in my office have read The Book Thief and loved it. I hope you will too after all the hype I've given it. :)

I'm thinking of starting a separate blog for book reviews. I love getting recommendations and finding out what other people are reading. You are inspiring me in more ways than one.

Right now I'm reading fluff (The Curse of the Spellmans by Lisa Lutz). I needed something mindless.

Manuela said...

Nothing wrong with a bit of fluff baby!